Frankincense oil is from the genus Boswellia and sourced from the resin of the Boswellia sacra tree. It is with a sweet, earthy, and woody aroma.
- Frankincense has been associated with many different religions especially the Christian religion, as it was one of the first precious gifts given to Jesus by the wise men.
- The main active ingredients of frankincense are alpha- and beta-boswellic acid and some other pentacyclic triterpenic acids which help reduce inflammation.
- When inhaled, frankincense oil may help reduce heart rate and high blood pressure, as well as anxiety and depression, promote relaxation and good sleep.
- Frankincense oil may also help in strengthening skin, improving skin tone, and elasticity, reducing wrinkles, redness, skin irritation, scars, stretch marks and acne, and healing wounds.
- Frankincense oil is useful to help provide relief from coughing and eliminate phlegm in the lungs. It can ease the nasal passages, making breathing easier, even for those with allergies or asthma.
- Frankincense is an antiseptic and disinfectant agent that has antimicrobial effects to help eliminate cold and flu germs from the home and the body naturally, a good replacement for chemical household disinfectants.
- Certified organic, made in Belgium.